Serverside.ai supports HLS and DASH.We follow all standards and specification for the best stream- and user-experience. It is strongly recommended to follow the standards for the source stream content creation.
The manifest must satisfy the following requirements:
- Manifests must be accessible on the public internet via the origin (PULL).
- The endpoint/origin must be accessible without any authentication method. Ifauthentication is required please refer to Origin - CDN Access section and talk to your Account Manager for custom configurations.
- The origin must deliver the stream (manifest, submanifest and segments) via HTTPS.
- Source (HLS and DASH segments) can be hosted in your own infrastructure and be CDN (Content Delivery Network like Akamai) enabled.
- The ssai service will only request the manifest-file and the player will request the content segments from the origin/CDN.
Configure your packager/origin server to produce manifests for HLS or DASH that are compatible with our best-practice requirements.
- Codec and profile (resolution, profile, fps, bitrate, etc.) should be consistent for each content in a given channel (Live)/playlist (VoD).
- The GOP-size, also known as keyframe interval or keyframe rate must be at 1.92 sec. to ensure the best compatibility and aligned audio and video segments.
- For LIVE the ad marker must be present as SCTE35 inline marker keep as information the CUE-Out and duration of the break.
- Ensure, that source origin/server set the HTTP Access-Control Header as shown:
- Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
- Access-Control-Allow-Credentials: *
- Access-Control-Allow-Methods: *
- Access-Control-Allow-Headers: *